Education Funding Messaging
TO CUPE EMPLOYEES / EMPLOYERS
We are very fortunate to have funding provided through the Provincial Employment Strategy Committee (PESC) to support educational endeavours for CUPE members. The program has been much more successful than anticipated. The Provincial Employment Strategy Committee met on November 22, 2017 to review the current financial viability of the program due to the high influx of applications. It has been determined that if we continue funding at the current level, the program will not be sustainable.
Decisions, therefore, have been made to ensure that the program remains sustainable into the future. As such, effective immediately; the following actions are being implemented to assist with this objective:
- New Applications (e.g employee has not received funding previously for any program, or employee may have received funding for a CCA program 5 years, but is now applying for LPN funding)
- Funding has been suspended effective immediately.
- New applications will not be accepted until further notice.
- Any applications that have been submitted to PESC and not approved/funded to date will have their original application/documents returned to them.
- PESC will continue to review the financial status of the funding dollars available. If and when there is ability to provide funding, notice will be provided to CUPE members.
- Applications Currently Approved & Receiving Funding
- These applications will continue to be funded. However, processing will be delayed.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact your CUPE Local Committee Representative or your Employer Committee representative, as indicated below:
|Prairie North Health Region (PNHR)
Carol Rohovich – (306) 820-6058
|CUPE Local 5111 (PNHR)
Bruce Chubb – (306) 445-6433
|Prince Albert Parkland Health Region (PAPHR)
Barb Sauve – (306) 765-6481
|CUPE Local 4777 (PAPHR)
Candace Lyons – (306) 922-0600
|Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region (RQHR)
Joyce Racette – (306) 766-2043
|CUPE Local 3967 (RQHR)
Jim Carr – (306) 757-7925
|Sun Country Health Region (SCHR)
Carrie Nankivell – (306) 842-8326
|CUPE Local 5999 (SCHR)
Linda Bocian – (306) 842-1559
|Sunrise Health Region (SHR)
Pat Kuspira – (306) 786-0782
|CUPE Local 4980 (SHR)
Donna Krawetz – (306) 542-7547